Date: September 12, 2018
Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center
178 Ryders Lane
New Brunswick, NJ
Data Science, Technology, and the Intelligence Community: An Examination of Successful Strategies
Learn how data science and emerging technologies can support the development of actionable intelligence through an examination of successful strategies and case studies. This program is ideal for Intelligence Community professionals; federal, state and local law enforcement; and students with an interest in intelligence and national security.
- Dr. Ronald J. Clark, former Deputy Under Secretary for the National Protection and Programs Directorate, U.S. Department of Homeland Security; former member of the White House National Security Council Staff; retired Marine Corps infantry and force reconnaissance officer.
- Dr. Paul Kantor, Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Rutgers University. Dr. Kantor’s research centers on the practical role of information systems, with particular emphasis on evaluating system effectiveness. He will review data science research programs, with emphasis on the challenges of translating that research into tools that work in operational settings.
Other speakers include:
- Major Fritz Frage, Commanding Officer – Office of Drug Monitoring and Analysis, NJ State Police
- Dr. Rick Fuentes, Former Colonel, NJ State Police
- Mike Geraghty, NJ Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Cell (NJCCIC)
- Elie Honig, Executive Director, Rutgers Institute for Secure Communities
- Jeanne LoCicero, Deputy Legal Director of the ACLU of New Jersey
- Dr. Nima Majlesi, Director of Medical Toxicology, Staten Island University Hospital
- Paul Stanely, National Counterterrorism Center
- Linda Tartaglia, Director, Rutgers Center on Policing
For the most up-to-date information on registration and participation, please see the workshop’s primary webpage.
Register here: There is no fee, but registration is necessary as attendance is limited.
Questions? Contact the Rutgers IC CAE Program Director, Ava Majlesi, at firstname.lastname@example.org.